"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Monday, November 21, 2011

Musing Monday 13

Musing Monday is hosted by Should Be Reading. This week's Musing asks:

How do you decide to read a book by an author you haven’t read before? What sort of recommendations count most highly in making that decision?


For me, whether or not the author is a debut or not doesn't affect my reading selections too often. There are some authors where I love one book by them so I go buy their next book and I don't like it. So, who the author is is not a huge factor in my book selection. I am always writing down and adding books into my TBR pile, based off of reviews written by other bloggers. Most of the time though, I'll walk in a bookstore or my public library, with no book in particular in mind, and I'll just browse the shelves reading the summary on the jacket flap until I find a book with a story that really grabs me. It's the story that I like! 


What about you?
Follow & Comment with a blog address & I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)