"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in our Stars by John Green



Pages: 313
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Caner Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.
Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is an award-winning-author John Green's most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love.

Upon finishing this book I was literally balling--for numerous reasons such as 1. I was sad 2. I didn't want this book to ever end and 3. my heart was pulled, dragged, filled with hope, squished, crushed, brought alive again, and about to burst. I've been contemplating as to how I am going to write this review and I honestly don't know how to proceed. I know that no matter what I write will give this book justice. I can talk about the characters: Hazel Grace's strong will power and Augustus's dashing good looks, charming humor, and his amazing battle to win over Hazel's heart, but no matter what I say, it won't be right. I know that this plot will touch the lives of many people and that it has affected me personally also, but I am just in awe. Being the first book I've ever read by John Green, I must say that I am in shock and I know that nothing I read after this will ever live up to my expectations.

So, instead of writing a review, I'm just going to tell you this: I have never been more moved by a book in my entire life.

Nothing that I write here matters except for that sentence, and honestly, I don't know how to rate this book because it surpasses everything that I've ever read. A spectacular read, and worthy of everyone willing to learn a little bit about life, love, and what comes next.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right, sometimes words are not enough! This was a magical book for me, I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)