"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Forgotten

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Pages: 288
10/14 (Thurs.)
Outfit:
-Straight-leg jeans
-Nacy tunic with the little flowers
-Blister-inducing red flats
School:
-Bring book for English
-Get Mom to sign permission slip for history
-Spanish quiz tomorrow (not on syllabus)
-Read over history homewokr in the morning... to tired...
Every night, while sixteen-year-old London Land is asleep, her memory of that day is erased. In the morning, all she can "remember" are events from her future. London is used to relying on reminder notes and a trusted friend to get through the day, but things get complicated when a new boy at school enters the picture. 
Luke Henry isn't someone you'd easily forget, yet try as she might, London can't find him in her memories of things to come.
When London starts experiencing disturbing flashbacks, or flash-forwards, as the case may be, she realizes it's time to learn about the past she keeps forgetting--before it destroys her future.

I've seem to forgotten to find the time to read this week! Hopefully you will be seeing more of me here on Magic Is In Words!

I was very intrigued by the book, and I have to say that I was pleased with it. It is definitely unique! And the whole time I could not guess what was going to happen next- which doesn't happen often. I love that this book is so unpredictable.

As for the characters. obviously only being able to see parts of the future is a pretty awesome characteristic. But besides that, London is a pretty average teenage girl: she is falling in love, she is protective of her best friend, and she has some pretty embarrassing moments in gym class!

Luke. Luke, Luke, Luke!!! He is fascinating, and I love the first date he took London on--very sweet. What I love about London and Luke's relationship the most is the fact that even though London has pictures and reads her notes, she is amazed at how gorgeous Luke is every day she "meets" him!

Overall I was pretty captivated by this book. It is a pretty fast read (as long as you have time to read!) and I love the plot. Some of the plot was a little crazy and sometimes hard to believe, especially towards the end, but I did love the last line of the book.

Overall Rating: 3 Stars
Cover Love: 2 Hearts (Non jacket-flap cover love: 5 Hearts)

1 comment:

  1. Nice review! I'm on my library's (long) waiting list for this one. Can't wait to read it. I love it when a book keeps me guessing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)