"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Friday, February 17, 2012

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Pages: 236
Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting her row.
A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?
Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you are least expecting it.

Ramblings: I've been waiting for an amazing, romance story and I've found one! This one portrays true love and chance happenings at its finest.

Characters: Hadley is so great. The way that she feels about her father's second wedding is totally normal and I feel like she is pretty unsure of how she is going to handle things when she finally gets there. I love her quick back-and-forth banter with Oliver from the minute they meet until the very last line. She and Oliver make such a cute couple! And his British accent is very attractive :) Every time he would talk, the little voice in my head would switch over to a British accent. It makes for quite the entertaining read!

Plot: I love a good romance and I feel like this is one of the best ones I've ever read. It's a pretty short read and so I flew through it, but I loved every second. From meeting in an airport, where there are thousands of people, the probability of meeting Oliver, sitting by him on the plane, and falling in love with him could seem like way to unbelievable, but somehow it works. Everything seems so normal and fits perfectly into place.

Overall: You couldn't ask for a better romance novel. If you have been searching for a light, fun read with a cute boy and an unbelievable tale, then this is the book for you. Seriously, don't pass this one up. You will be running to an airport as soon as you finish (;

Overall Rating: 5 Stars

3 comments:

  1. this one sounds so cute! it keeps getting awesome reviews :)

    stop by my review of THE OTHER LIFE? :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/arc-review-other-life.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I still have yet to read this one.
    I know, I know! *hides in shame*
    Haha! x)
    I'll have to bump it up to the top of my tr pile - it sounds so cute! :)

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)