"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Liar Society

The Liar Society by Lisa & Laura Roecker

Pages: 358
Since when do the dead send emails?
Kate Lowry's best friend Grace died a year ago. So when she gets an email from her, Kate's  more than a little confused.
To: KateLowrype(at)mberlybrown.edu
From: GraceLee(at)pemberlybrown.edu
Subject: (no subject)
Kate,
I'm here . . . sort of.
Find Cameron. He knows.
I shouldn't be writing.
Don't tell. They'll hurt you.
Now Kate has no choice but to prove once and for all that Grace's death was more than just a tragic accidnet. She teams up with a couple of knights-in-(no-so)-shining armor--the dangerously hot bad boy, Liam, and her love-struck neighbor, Seth. But at their elite private school, there are secrets so big people will do anything to protect them--even if it means getting rid of anyone trying to solve a murder...

This book sounded really interestin when I picked it up, so I was pretty excited to read it. I have to say, this is a book you should read pretty quickly and not over the course of a week like I did. It can be hard to remember the characters and to remember what happened last fall, and what is happening in the present. You have to be attentive when you read this book.

The clues in this book were so ... open? They were vague. That's the word. There were twists to the book, which is expected, but there weren't that many clues. It took so long for Kate to figure out what the main clue was because everything was so vague.

Kate is an amazing character. First of all, I love the pink hair. It makes me think that maybe I should do that with me hair! (Kidding.) Katie has guts. Though she isn't fearless, she is really strong. She pushes forward with the hope of finding Grace and figuring out what happened to her best friend, and that perseverence is a great character quality.

Liam was a great character too, along with Seth. Liam seemed gorgeous and just.. awesome. And Seth. He is so sweet and nerdy. I'm glad Kate finally realized how lucky she is to have Seth as a best friend.

The only part of the book I didn't like was the ending. I felt like everything was building, and I was waiting for this stunning ending and for justice to be served, but that didn't happen. Things were wrapped up, but somethings were left hanging. They never told how headmaster Sinclare fit into Grace's death, and some other things weren't finished. I really hope there is going to be a sequel because I'm sure anyone who reads this book will be asking the same questions I'm thinking.

Overall Rating: 3.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)