"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Thursday, December 15, 2011

BTT: Character or Plot?

Booking Through Thursday:

What’s more important to you? Real, three-dimensional, fleshed-out fascinating characters? Or an amazing, page-turning plot?
(Yes, I know, they are both important. But if you had to pick one as being more important than the other?


My Answer: These are both important, although I would definitely say an amazing, page-turning plot. I can't stand it when books move slow and even though I love really connecting with characters, I can get through a book without that and actually enjoy the book more than if the plot drags.

How about you? Leave a blog address, follow, & comment and I'll follow back! :)

2 comments:

  1. Both would be great but if I had to pick one, I'd choose a page turning plot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My answer was characters. I can't read a book if I don't connect with the character, even if there isn't much of a plot.
    http://meganm922.blogspot.com/2012/01/booking-through-thursday_05.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)