"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Departures

Now Boarding Gate 10 by Robin Jones Gunn

Pages: 96
After her high school graduation, still aching from Todd's departure, Christy joins her family on a trip to Wisconsin to visit relatives. While there, she reunites with Matthew, an old friend from junior high. When Matthew starts to show a romantic interest in Christy, she realizes this summer vacation could change everything she thought her future would be.

Ramblings: Since this is a novella, I've decided to write a novella-ish mini-review! This is the last book written from Christy's point of view which made the book just a little bit more special, but I was also sad to finish it!

Characters/Plot: I liked this book because it takes place in Christy's hometown which you never get to read about any other time in the whole series. She meets some of her old friends and her family is with her--including Uncle Bob and Aunt Marti which made for an interesting trip! Christy was very heartfelt and she had to make some tough decisions about love and her heart is growing. It was an amazing discovery for her and I loved being there with her as she figured out another piece of her heart.

Overall: By now you should all know how much I love this series, although now I'm a little sad to not have any other books to read from Christy's point of view. Don't pass up this series!

*-*-*

In The Event of a Water Landing by Robin Jones Gunn

Pages: 95
Fifteen-year-old Sierra Jensen can't wait to spend her summer vacation with her friend Jana at a pristine lake in Montana. But when they arrive, it becomes clear that Jana's only interest is acquiring a boyfriend. Sierra just wants to hang out with the guys as friends, but Jana turns ever encounter into a possible romantic relationship. As their friendship begins to suffer, Sierra wonders if it's possible to find a Forever Friend who will listen to you, laugh with you, and keep your confidences.

Ramblings: Woah! A second review? Yep :) Two books in one here! Only this time, the book is written by Christy's friend Sierra. I've only read one other book about Sierra (I know I need to get cracking on that series!) so I was excited to read this one about her.

Characters/Plot: I'm still getting warmed up to Sierra, but I instantly realized I am going to love her just as much as I love Christy and the gang. Sierra is trying to figure out love which can be tough and I became wrapped up in her insights and understanding as she comes to new realizations. I know that I'm going to love continuing to read about her and her friends.

Overall: From my great experience from reading this book, I know I'm going to love the Sierra Jensen Series and that I'm going to get started on reading those soon!

Overall Rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)