"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Pages: 487
ONE CHOICE: DECIDES YOUR FRIENDS. ONE CHOICE: DEFINES YOUR BELIEFS. ONE CHOICE: DETERMINES YOUR LOYALTIES -- FOREVER. ONE CHOICE CAN TRANSFORM YOU.
In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago, society is divided into fave factions, each dedicated to the cultivation foa particular virtue - Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of ever year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lies. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is - she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.
During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles to determine who her friends really are - and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes infuriating boy fits into the ife she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers a growing confilict that threatens to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves . . . or it might destroy her.

Divergent is Veronica Roth's first novel and I have to say she introduced herself with a bang! This is an amazing dystopian novel that kept me on the edge of my seat and turning the pages faster than I ever have before. It is captivating and fascinating, and you will never want to put it down.

The main character of this book, Tris, is one of the best characters I have ever read about. And it's because she feels real pain. When she is cut with knives, it hurts and she lets you know it. When she sees dead boddies, she vomits. When she is enclosed by water and drowning, she lets you know how much it hurts her lungs. She is real.

When I read the summary to this book, somthing inside me just knew that this was going to be one of the best books I'll ever read. And I was right. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Divergent is better than The Hunger Games.

All 487 pages of this book are filled with new twists and secrets that you would never imagine. I was drawn in to the new world and all the characters, and I never wanted to let go. This book will please anyone who reads it, I promise! If you haven't read Divergent, hit up your library or Barnes and Noble and get this book!

Overall Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)