"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother, Help Me Live

One Last Wish: Mother, Help Me Live by Lurlene McDaniels


Pages: 136
In Mother, Help Me Live, Sarah discovers that her birth mother, whom she's never known, is the one person who may have the bone marrow she needs to survive. When Sarah journeys to find her mother, she learns the real meaning of family.

This book consists of three short novels. When I read this summary, I knew I had to read this book. It is a short book, but not really a quick read. I didn't want to rush through this book for a few reasons, and I'm glad I took my time on this one.

The main character of this book is a fifteen-year-old girl named Sarah who has been battling lukemia for the last five years. She is a very strong girl who will try anything that has a chance of saving her life. She is a very brave character becuase of all she endures with chemo and treatments. At times I found her a little rude a selfish towards her family, especially her mother.

Since this book was so short, things happened very fast and there wasn't much detail. She had a neighbor, Scott, who seemed like such a great guy. I really wish that he had been more incorperated into this book. I think a little love interest would have suited them.

Overall this is a very life-changing read that will make you realize how important family really is. Don't pass up the opportunity to read this book. It will bring you to tears and make you jump out of your seat to become a bone marrow donor.

Overall Rating: 3.5 Stars

1 comment:

  1. This is a great book, i read it last year, and it made me cry. Lurlrne McDaniel is a very powerful author. I loved this book, it's a short read, but very touching.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)