"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Monday, May 2, 2011

Musing Monday (3)

Musing Monday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
This weeks musing asks...

Do you care if a book's story line is unrealistic? Will you keep reading, or will you set the book aside?

Well, I think that in fantasy and sci-fi books, an unrealistic story line is totally fine. They make the book interesting and really fun and unique! Just throw in the unrealistic story line there. But, if you take a romance novel or just a novel based in our time period and world, the story line needs to be realistic. I don't think I've ever read a book that was so unrealistic I had to put it down, but I know the dissapointment you must feel. So, I guess it depends on the type of book you are reading. I would probably keep reading as long as the story line didn't butcher the book too much.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)