"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Monday, May 9, 2011

Musing Monday (4)

Musing Monday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

This week's musing asks...
Do you ever find scenes from previous books you've read popping into your head at random times? If so, does it bother you? If it doesn't happen to you, why do you think that is?

For me, yes. I am always thinking of scenes from books. One I've been thinking about a lot lately is a scene from Seventeenth Summer (find my review in my blog archive) Angie and Jack are at a dance in the town and they are just having a ball! (go puns.) Anyways, I can just hear the music and their laughter and see the lights and them dancing. It really makes me want to go to a dance in the 1940s! 
Remembering those types of scenes don't bother me. They usually brighten my day. What I hate is reading a disturbing scene like from The Lovely Bones, chapter 1, and not being able to get it out of my head. I would much rather stick to happier subjects thank you very much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)