"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Follow Friday (2) & Blog Hop (2)


Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme/feature hosted by Crazy For Books. I'm a few days late, but this weeks question is, "What is the best April Fool's joke that's ever been played on you, or that you have ever played on someone?"

My Answer: I have to admit, I'm not much of a practical joke player... no one in my family really is (except for my little sister who told me she was going to itching powder in my dresser). So, I don't play pranks on people very often. But, and this might be lame, when I was like seven years old and in the first grade, April Fool's Day was on a Saturday, but I had forgotten. My mom came running into my room yelling, "You missed the bus! Get up for school!" I jumped out of bed and got dressed frantically. I brushed my hair quickly and threw on the fiirst pair of shoes I saw, and I ran down into the kitchen, backpack in hand. My dad was cracking up in the kitchen, and my mom came walking in still in her pajamas, and when she saw me she started laughing too. It wasn't until I was up and ready to go that they told me it was Saturday.
What can I say? I was little! (:



Follow My Book Blog Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View, and it also has a weekly question. This week's question is, "What is the book that you don't really want to admit to loving?"

My Answer: Hm, this is a hard question because I'm not really embarrassed about any of the books I read. I absolutely love the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder and I always wanted to live in her time. But those books are not really embarrassing. I think that at some point in time everybody has read and loved those books. Maybe just not in high school. I would also say The Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins. I absolutely love this series which consists of five books: Gregor the Overlander, The Prophecy of the Bane, The Curse of the Warmbloods, The Marks of Secret, and The Code of Claw. I have actually read this series more times than I've read the Hunger Games, and I don't know why I haven't just bough myself a copy of these books yet. They are probably based more towards middle school readers, but I love them. They can be really creepy at some points, but they are just great to me. I can't get many people to read this series for some reason. I have to thank my friend Anna for introducing me a few years ago!

That's all for this week! What are some of your answers?

1 comment:

  1. In answer to your question about how to get books from authors, I would suggest having a review policy page with your contact information. I looked, and didn't find an email address for you anywhere. If you have an email address you'll probably get contacted.

    Another way is a list being compiled by I am a Reader, Not a Writer. She's getting more requests than she can accept, so she's made this form you can fill out and be on a list of readers looking for books to review, and she'll give that list to any authors she declines. Here's the link!.

    Also, another good resource is the blog help posts from The Story Siren, which you can find here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)