"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."-Helen Exley"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."-Marion C. Garretty
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Top Ten: Books to Movies
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten is: the top ten books you'd like to see made into movies. Here is my Top Ten:
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I know it's being made into a movie, but I've loved this book since the day it came out. It's my all-time favorite book hands-down and I hope they don't ruin it in the movie.
2. The Kinfe of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. I love this book. It's full of adventure and suspense and action. It would make for an awesome movie.
3. The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti. This is my favorite book by her. I love the story line, and it really interacts with the elephants! I love elephants (: I think this would be an exellent movie to see in theaters. Bo is also a really cute little kid!
4. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. It takes place in Germany during WW2 and you don't often see a regular citizen's point of view on this - especially a young girl's view. I loved the book and would love to see the character's relationships and struggles on screen.
5. Incarceron by Catherine Fisher. This would make for an epic movie. It's creepy and suspensful and just full-out intense. The sequal Sapphique would make for an epic movie too!
6. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. I think it's safe to say that this is my all-time favorite book by Sarah Dessen. (Lock and Key is a close second!) I just absolutely love the story. It's beautiful! Now that I'm writing this, I really want to read it again. Keep watch for the review of it! Honestly, I'd like to see all of Sarah Dessen's books turned into movies! So that's like, what? 9 books? I think What Happened To Goodbye will be her tenth!
7. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. This is such a beautiful book telling a story that needs to be heard. Making it a movie would spread the word to so many more people! If you haven't read this book, go pick up a copy!
8. Christy Miller Collection by Robin Jones Gunn. These books would be difficult to make into a movie because they span out over like eight years. I would love to see Christy and Todd's relationship though on screen and all the fun Christy and her friends have. Especially the book in Hawaii!
9. Life As We Knew It by Susan B. Pfeffer. I love this trilogy. It's when the moon is knocked closer in orbit to Earth, so everything (and everyone) goes crazy! This would be an epic series to be turned into a movie. When the movie Life As We Knew It that just came out about the two people raising kids, I hadn't seen the trailer and people just said the name and I have to admit I did the happy dance because I thought this book was being turned into a movie. /: I was dissapointed.
10. If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I loved this book! I haven't had a chance to read the sequal (Where She Went), but this book was easily one of my favorites. I would see this movie at midnight!
What are some books that you'd like to see turned into movies?