"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Other People's Heroes

Other People's Heroes by Blake M. Petit

E-Book

Josh Corwood has spent his life admiring the superheroes that protect Siegel City. He's wanted to join them, wanted to be like them... but eventually, had to settle for reporting on them from the sidelines. When an undiscovered talent reignites his hope to join the world's protectors, he suddenly discovers that their world isn't everything he'd been led to believe. Surrounded by false idols, Josh decides to turn the tables on them and reveal the greatest con game in history... and hopefully, in the process, find the real heroes that have long been gone.
For me, this book took a little time to get into. It was a little slow at first and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but about a fourth of the way through the book things started to heat up! Once I got through the begining, I couldn't put this book down.

Josh Corwood is a young reporter in Sigel City. He loves to write about the superheroes that protect the city, and he's wanted to be one since the day Lionheart rescued him. Then one day, he is around a few superheroes, and strange things start to happen. He realizes that he has a super power! He wants to stop the villans and sets out alone to try and stop the sinister Miss Sinastah. But, does it work? No. Josh is taken to the superheroe's headquarters and is given the opportunity to join the team and be a super hero. But, there is a secret behind all the superheroes and Josh plans to reveal it. But, he needs a little more time "fighting crime," a little more research, and getting closer to the beautiful Miss Sinastah, for him to write the best story. And then he has to find the guts to print it to the public. But, with a twist to the story, Josh is framed against an awful set of trageties, and he has to prove his innocence.. He has to decide which is more important: following the rules, or doing what is right.

Josh Corwood was a peculiar character. He wanted revenge on the superhero headquarters, but then changed his mind. And he was very protective of Miss Sinastah. He was very mindful of her feelings. I really liked that. He also wanted to prove himself. He wanted so badly to be like Lionheart and to be a real superhero and help people, even if it went against what the leader said.

The ending "fight scene" might have gone on a little too long in my opinion, but I was expecting it. It's a superhero book! There has to be some action! Another thing is that there are tons of characters in this book. At times it could be a little confusing trying to remember who was good and who was bad and what peoples' real names were and what their superhero names were. At some points in the book I was confused, but in the end I understood what was going on.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I don't think I was expecting to love it as much as I did. I'm not a huge superhero fan, but I thought it would be nice to read something different. And I'm sure glad I did. This is a fun, exiting and thrilling, fast-pace read that will make just about every reader happy.

Overall Rating: 3.5 Stars

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to review Other People's Heroes, and especially for all the kind words. Admittedly, there are a lot of characters in the book (part and parcel of playing in a superhero universe, I suppose) but I hope the important characters rose to the forefront. And future stories in the world of Siegel City will definitely be focused on a core cast.

    Thanks again -- hope everyone else enjoys it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Welcome! I really enjoyed the book, and the main characters did stick out from the bunch(: I can't wait for more adventures in Siegel City!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)