"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Death Cure

The Death Cure by James Dashner

Thomas knows that Wicked can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. It's up to the Gladers to complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare with a final voluntary test.
What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what Wicked says.
The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine.
Will anyone survive the Death Cure?


Ramblings: I haven't wanted the next book in a series as vigorously as I've waited for this one.. probably since Mockingjay released! The story behind The Maze Runner Trilogy is one that I will never forget and I'm super excited to share my thoughts on the finale!

Characters: The gang is back! Thomas, Minho, and Newt, along with Aris and Teresa, & Brenda and Jorge. But, I character I was excited to meet again was Gally. Although absent from the second book he is ever-present in this one. I loved hearing about his past and times he spent in the Wicked headquarters. And I guess I should talk about Thomas a bit too, huh? He is a pretty cool kid! Determined to overcome Wicked and survive, he really carries this story through to the very lat word.

Plot: Ahh this plot started out so wonderfully and has really never let me down. Through the twists and turns that seem to come around every corner since the first book, Dashner did a great job of  keeping the pace of the book moving. This final book is all about who you can trust: whether it be Wicked, The Right Arm, or even your closest friends. Oh yeah, and about surviving the flare.

Overall: I highly highly highly recommend this book (and series!) to anyone and everyone looking for a great, new & unique, suspenseful & mysterious sci-fi adventure. You will fall in love with the series and the characters! Oh yeah, and the language! The other day I caught myself saying "shuck it" !!

Overall Rating: 4 Stars
Cover Love: 2 Hearts (Although the cover is amazingly cool, there is no snow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)