"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Delirium

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Pages: 441
Ninety-Five days, and then I'll be safe. 
I wonder whether 
the procedure will hurt.
I want to get it over with.
It's hard to be patient. 
                It's hard not to be afraid 
               while I'm still uncured, 
though so far the 
deliria hasn't touched me yet.
Still, I worry.
     They say that in the old days, 
love drove people to madness. 
         The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills
you both when you have it 
and when you don't.

Aaah! Mimi, you were right, I am squealing!! I have like 3000 different emotions running through me! The main few being: Heart-brokenness, anger, shock, and frustration. (Symptoms of the Deleria??) Yes, because I am in love with this book!

The characters: I'm keeping it short and sweet (or trying to). Lena: at first a goodie-goodie that annoyed me, but turned out to be a pretty amazing, un-average girl. Alex: Dreamy! I just loved his personality, his poetry, even his rebellious side. Hana: Funny, gorgeous, and she really was a great best friend.

The plot: Wonderful, unique, suspenseful, brilliant, beautiful. Aaah! I don't even know how to describe how I feel about this book. I love the fact that they think love is a disease! In a way, I guess it is, but it's a good disease. Like Lena said in the book, it changes your view of things because it makes everything more beautiful! <3

Overall: I clearly adored this book. It was very captivating; I literally read 350 pages of it today. I don't know why this book sat on my bookshelf for two months before I decided to pick it up and read it. All I know is, the day Pandemonium comes out, I am buying it and all I'll be doing all day is reading!

Overall Rating: 5 Stars
Cover Love: 2 Hearts

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Katie, I'm SO glad that you liked this one! It was -- like you said -- wonderful, and unique, and suspenseful, and brilliant, and totally and completely and absolutely beautiful! It was first love like it always should be! :)

    LOL we are both going to go to the bookstore first thing when Pandemonium comes out! Did you read the blurb yet? It sounds SO AMAZING! I'm just as excited as you are!

    Awesome review, Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mimi! Yes I did read the blurb! I needed to find out what happened to Alex! Although it didn't give much about him /: I'm just.. aahhh! I need Pandemonium and I need it now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book! My review will be posting this week. I can't wait for the next book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)