"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Lola and the Boy Next Door

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Pages: 338
Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn't believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit--more sparkly, more fun, more wild--the better. But even though Lola's style is outrageous, she's a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.
When Cricket--a gifted inventor--steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

Ramblings: I don't know whether I liked Anna and the French Kiss or Lola and the Boy Next Door better... they both blew my mind! Stephanie Perkins quickly became one of my favorite authors and I'm sooo ready to read what she has in store for us next!

Characters: Before I talk about Lola, I want to explain how ecstatic I was to find out that Anna and St. Claire are minor characters in this book! It was a shock--a very, very GOOD shock--that made my feelings for this book grow by the minute. Lola. Lola is such a smart girl, but sometimes she made me so angry! *Spoiler.. Sort Of* I just wanted her to dump her boyfriend and date Cricket! Everyone knew they liked each other!! *Spoiler Over* As much as I loved Lola (especially her costumes!!!) sometimes I wanted to slap some sense into her!

Plot: I think everyone has dreamed of falling in love with "the boy next door"--I know I have! Unfortunately, to my left is an adorable old couple, and to my right are girls in elementary school. I absolutely adored the plot and just the overall feel of the book. Who doesn't love a good romance??

Overall: I just keep falling in love all over again every time I think about this book.I especially loved the last sentence of the book (DON'T READ AHEAD!!) It really completes the book and left me with a sense of awe and a giddiness. Read this book!!!


Overall Rating: 4 Stars
Cover Love: 4 Hearts (Look at "Cricket's" bracelets & the star on his hand!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)