"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Monday, October 10, 2011

Rebecca's Heart

Rebecca's Heart by Lisa Harris

Pages: 170
REBECCA'S HEART IS OPEN TO LOVE. . . .
But she discovers she's about to make the biggest mistake of her life. To avoid such a mistake, she cancels her plans and moves to Boston. There she takes a position as a seamstress in a furniture shop where she hopes to mend her broken heart.
Luke Hutton longs to build ships for a living but is set to sail one last time before he can make his dreams come true. He stops by the furniture shop on an errand for his mother and falls at once for the dark-haired beauty who works there. 
Can Rebecca and Luke find a way to share the secrets that keep them from true happiness? Will Rebecca trust her heart to God, as well as Luke?

Ramblings: One of my very best friends, Victoria, gave me this book along with a few other books for my birthday. They were originally her great-aunt's mother's and she has just passed them down through her family until her great aunt gave them to her. I just feel so special and loved that Victoria tried to share them with me!

The Characters: This was a pretty quick read, but the story inside was one that I would love to read again and again. Rebecca struggles through heart break and questions God about the way her life is going. I just adored Rebecca and her journey with God. She is a very strong young woman, and she really guarded her heart which at times could be frustrating to me. I just wanted her to melt into Luke's arms and live happily ever after! (Of course that wouldn't make for the best story, but I would have enjoyed it!)

The Plot: I've really enjoyed reading a Christian love story that isn't the Christy Miller stories. (Not that those  aren't amazing, because they most definitely are!) The book is told in Rebecca's point of view and Luke's point of view, so I knew what they were thinking but they didn't know what the other was thinking. There were quite a few twists and turns in this book that I most certainly did not see coming, and that made the book very interesting and it kept me turning the pages.

Overall: I just adored this book and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a love story and a chance to connect with God. This was just a wonderful book and I can't wait to read the other books in the HEARTSONG collection.

Overall Rating: 3.5 Stars
Cover Love: 2 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)