"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Forever

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls #3) by Maggie Stiefvater

Pages: 386
then.
When Sam met Grace, he was a wolf and she was a girl. Eventually he found a way to become a boy, and their love moved from a curious distance to the intense closeness of shared lives.
now.
That should have been the end of their story. But Grace was not meant to stay human. Now she is the wolf. And the wolves of Mercy Falls are about to be killed in one final, spectacular hunt.
forever.
Sam would do anything for Grace. But can one boy and one love really change a hostile, predatory world? The past, the present, and the future are about to collide in one pure moment -- a moment of death or life, farewell or forever.

Shiver made me hooked; Linger left me desperately wanting more; and now, Forever has torn me apart, ripped out my heart, and then put it all back together again. I mean seriously. Did anyone see the ending of this book coming? I mean, I was shocked and torn apart and then... it all changed!

Because I'm already so hooked on this series, it made it easy for me to dive right in and gobble up every word. But, as I kept reading, I felt like everything was happening, yet nothing was happening at all. The book moved fast because I was so excited to finish, and because of Maggie Stiefvater's amazing writing, but I felt like there wasn't too much action. It was mostly contemplating.

The characters. Geez this is really tough. The characters have changed so much since Shiver. They are growing up, beating the odds, and surviving. All I can say is that I absolutely love Grace and Sam. I love their personalities, but more importantly, their love. I don't know if I've ever read about a love like theirs.

Overall I was very pleased with this book. It wasn't what I expected and I'm sad that the series is over, but I'm happy I got to live in the world of Mercy Falls for the time that I did. *Also, I love that the ink is red in this book!*

Overall Rating: 3.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)