"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Lost Heiress

(Relic Master Series #2) The Lost Heiress by Catherine Fisher


Pages: 362
Even though Tasceron and its Emperor have fallen, there is a rumor that the heiress to the throne still lives. If so, her life is in grave danger, especially from the Watch; she could be the key to overthrowing their tyrannical rule. But the Watch don't know she exists--yet.
It is up to Raffi and Galen to find the lost heiress before the Watch do. On their quest, they must once again decide whether or not to trust Carys, a former traveling companion and Watchspy. Her help might be the only way to find the lost heiress, who is hidden in a most dangerous and inaccessible place. But will Carys help Raffi and Galen, or will she share their secrets with the Watch?


The first book had me hooked on this series. I just love Catherine Fisher's writing, and so I was pretty excited to continue the series. Overall I was pretty happy with the outcome of this book.


The characters in this book are great. Raffi is so soft and sometimes he doesn't understand what is going on, which made me laugh a few times. Galen is just strange, I can't even describe him. He just adds a mixture of confusion, anger, and wisdom. But, one of my favorite characters in this book is Carys. She is such a hard-ass sometimes. She is bossy, arrogant, deceiving, and rude, but she is super smart and cunning. I love it.


Sometimes I felt like Catherine Fisher didn't fully explain things, like who Flain is and what exactly Flainsday was. I had to sit and think about what was going on at points, which I don't always like.


But, Overall I was pretty pleased. I love the world of Anara, and I can't wait to read the third book and find out more about Raffi and Galen's adventures.


Overall Rating: 3 Stars
my review of  (Relic Master #1) The Dark City --> here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)