"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Incarceron

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
 INCARCERON. A PRISON LIKE NO OTHER. IT GIVES LIFE. IT DEALS DEATH. IT WATCHES ALL.
Incarcerion is a prison unlike any other: Its inmates live not only in cells, but also in metal forests, dilapidated cities, and unbounded wilderness. The prison has been seald for centuries, and only one man, legend says, has ever escaped.
Finn, a seventeen-year-old prisoner, can't remember his childhood and believes he came from Outside Incarceron. He's going to escape, even though most inmates don't believe that Outside even exists. And hen Finn finds a crystal key and through it, a girl named Claudia.
Claudia claims to live Outside - her father is the Warden of Incarceron and she's doomed to an arranged marriage. If she helps Finn escape she will need his help in return.
But they don't realize there is more to Incarceron then meets the eye. Escape will take their greatest courage and cost far more than they know.
BECAUSE INCARCERON IS ALIVE.

Breath-taking, astounding, heart-pounding, Earth-shattering. These are the first of many words that come to my head as I stare as this book I just finished. Incarceron is wicked. Since the sequal is out I re-read the book so I could remember the information, and boy am I glad I did.

Incarceron takes place in a fantasy world. There is Outside, and Incarceron. Incarceron is a Prison people were sent to centuries ago to develop a perfect world. People can not escape from Incarceron - ever. It's only been heard of once. In an old legond it says that Sapphique escaped to Outside. Finn is seventeen and has been living in Incarceron for three years. He can't remember his past, except for a small scene at a young boy's birthday party. Finn believes he is from Outside, but no one else believes him. He is given a crystal key said to be very special. Finn is determined to escape, but to do it, he needs Claudia's help. Claudia is on the Outside. She is the Warden of Incarceron's daughter. Grown up in a world of riches and tutoring, Claudia is excited to finally break into her father's study. There she finds a key. It's crystal with a bird on it and very intricate. Accidentally, she discovers she can talk to one of the prisoners inside Incarceron with it. And she is dumb-founded to find out that the prison is a living hell. Together, she and Finn work together to unlock the mystery that is Incarceron.

The plot was... how is there a word to describe it? I think my first few words: breath-taking, astounding, heart-pounding, captivating, every word along that line. It had enough suspense to keep me on the edge of my seat and this whole new world was so fascinating. I was terrified of Incarceron and could only imagine how I would survive in Incarceron. The truth? I wouldn't survive. I know that. You have to be tough!

Overall, Incarceron was an amazing book and I recomend you all to read it. The plot kept me wanting more and I'm dying to read the sequal. Guys and girls will enjoy this book not only because of the amazing plot, but because there are two main characters, one boy and one girl. If you are looking for a book with suspense, action, a little horror, and little mystery, and a little romance, this is definatley the book for you.

Overall Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)