"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (1)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is authors that need more recognition. Here are my top ten authors:

1. Susan B. Pfeffer. She is the author of Life As We Knew It and even though many people know of her and that trilogy, whenever I recomend them to my friends, no one knows who she is.

2. Pittacus Lore. Okay, before you all protest that everyone knows who that is, I would like to point out that it is probably because I Am Number Four was recently made into a movie. I read the book a week after it was released and just fell in love with it. Now because of the movie many people are reading the book which is a good thing.

3. Marcus Zusak. He is the author of I Am the Messenger, which i didn't really like, but also, The Book Theif which I absolutely loved and cried over. It's a great read if you haven't read it, and Marcus Zusak is an amazing author!

4. Janet Evanovich. She is the author of many many books, based for adults which is why not many teens know of her, but one great series is the Stephanie Plum Bounty Hunter series. So far it consists of sixteen laugh-out-loud books which I think teens will love! The first book is called One For the Money.

5. Denise Hunter. She has a few books, the one that made me fall in love with her is Seaside Letters. Again, its an adult fiction book, but its also a romance and it's a great story!

6. Patrick Ness. He is the author of the Chaos Walking Series which I am just head over heels for! It's a popluar series, but he deserves more praise for it.

7. Sarah Beth Durst. She is an amazing author! She has written one book that I know of, called Ice. I remember just being hooked by the book and just turning page after page, dying to finish it! She really needs more praise for it!

8. Robin Jones Gunn. Many people know her for her Adult Christian books, but I love this author for writing the Christy Miller Collection. This series, consisting of 5 volumes (15 short books in all) is one of my favorite series! You will not be disapointed with her books.

9. Maggie Stiefvater. You might know her from her current series: Shiver, Linger, and releasing soon: Forever, Maggie Stiefvater is one of my favorite authors. Check her out! 

10. Catherine Fisher. She is the author of tons of books! Only, she lives in Wales so many of her books are just being published in the USA. My favorite book by her is Incarceron and the sequal Sapphique. Comming soon this summer is a 4 book series: The Relic Master. She is a great author who deserves tons of praise!


What great authors do you know? Comment any great authors I should look out for!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)