"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Monday, June 13, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Pages: 372
Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, whegre she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Etienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Etienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.
But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited Grench kiss? Stephanie Perkins keeps the romantic tension crackling and the attraction hih in a debut guaranteed to make toes tingle and hearts melt.

I finally read it, I did! And I cannot believe this book sat on my bookshelf for so long before I read it! I had heard that the books was pretty good, but I have no idea why I didn't open it until now!

The book was pretty fast-paced because I couldn't put it down. The scenery, the characters, and the emotions drew me into the book and I couldn't leave. When Stephanie Perkins writes, the words just flow. I love her writing style and the way she wrote this book.

She did an amazing job on the characters. I'm just going to start with Etienne. He is my favorite character that I've ever read about! He is so hilarious and such a jokster, he is always there for Anna, and he's English. Accent and everything! The whole time throuhout the book I just pictured Alex Pettyfer the whole time. It was a nice picture. And, on to Anna, she was a very sweet girl. She had so  many emotions and Perkins did a magnificent job of potraying them. Anna was homesick, falling in love, and trying to stay loyal to her friends. She questioned how Etienne felt about her, there were awkward moments, I mean the whole thing was so real. This love story could happen in real life.

The only thing I didn't care for where the fights. Towards the end of the book Anna and Etienne, along with her friends, got in so many fights. It was just one after another and I didn't think it would end! The one fight that I loved though was with Anna and Amanda. I cheered. (:

Overall this is an amazing read that no one should pass up. I don' think there is anyone who would not enjoy this book. It's a perfect romance novel that will capture hearts forever.

Overall Rating: 4.5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Great review. I was a big fan of this one, too. I can't wait to read Lola and the Boy Next Door. I hope it's just as good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I really need to stop lagging and pick this up! Don't be a stranger; stop by my blog and say hi! I'm not sure if we're fellow followers, but I follow you!

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)