"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Surprise Endings

Christy Miller Collection Book 4: Surprise Endings by Robin Jones Gunn

Pages: 153
Cheerleading tryouts are coming up, and Christy MIller is giving it all she's got. The competition is tough and some of the girls are just rude, but Christy thinks she has a good chance to make the squad. Meanwhile prom is just around the corner, and Christy hopes her parents will make an exception to their "no dating until sixteen" rule. She'd love to go with Todd to his prom! But nothing turns out as Christy has planned. As the surprises keep coming, can Christy respond with Grace...and maybe even spring a surprise of her own?

I just can't express how much I love these books! Honestly, whether you have a close relationship with God, or you've never thought about Him before, everyone should read these books. They are such amazing stories and Robin Jones Gunn wrote them amazingly well. Her stories flow and they captivate me so I can't put it down until it's over.

One reason I really loved this book was Christy. In this book, as she becomes a cheerleader, she learns to stand up for herself and to say what she feels is right. Whether she is standing up to a particular girl on the squad, or telling Rick how she feels, I think Christy has grown up a lot in this book.

At points in this book I became frustrated with just about every character. Rick, because he is a jerk and only likes a certain type of girl: a "rah-rah." Todd, for a surprise about prom. Although I quickly got over that when I realized the circumstances and I was acctually very proud of Todd. And finally Christy because of the way she handled the prom situation. Oh yeah, and Katie for telling her to ditch Todd and go for Rick.

But, it all works out and so far this has been my favorite book in the series.

As the title is called, Surprise Endings, there certainly is one that I never saw coming. It was amazing and I can only hope that someday I have the strength, brains, and relationship with God like Christy has to do what is right and help others.

Overall Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)