"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labelled 'This could change your life'."
-Helen Exley

"A novel is the chance to try on a different life for size."
-Marion C. Garretty

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Two * Way Street

Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

Pages: 288
There are to sides to every breakup.
This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely highschool couple. But they clicked; it worked. They're even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation.
Then Jordan dumps Courtney--for a girl he met on the internet.
It's too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney's heartbroken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la--this is Courtney pretending not to care.
But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot.
Turns out, he's got a secret or two that he's not telling Coutrney. ANd it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can't get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other.

This book sounded very interesting, and I was pretty excited about reading it. The plot sounded new and interesting and I knew there was giong to be some unexpected love. I really wasn't all that pleased with the book though.

The first thing that turned me off from this book was the cursing. I doubt there was a single chapter in the book that didn'r drop the F-bomb, or another curse word. I really don't enjoy reading books where every other line has a bad word in it. It really takes away from the story.

There was also a lot of sex talk. Sex was another one of the main words in the book and so was, getting turned on. A little bit is fine, but I felt like whenever Jordan was explaining his feelings, everything led back to sex. Even if he was explaining that he didn't want to have sex with Courtney, it was still there.

Courtney's behavior bothered me too. She acted very childish and she couldn't handle situations very well. There are thousands of ways she could have handled things differently.

I feel like I'm really trashing this book, which I don't like to do. Overall I did enjoy the story line and plot. It was unique and interesting, I just wish it was so... awkward.  I wouldn't recomend this book to young adult readers, there was waaayy to much partying. It's not the book for me.

Overall Rating: 1.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day filled with laughter, friends, and a good book :)